French dip sandwiches are a year round favorite in the Baker house. I love the ease of throwing a roast and a few cans of soup in our slow cooker before work, especially on the extra sleepy mornings. Then, arriving home to the aroma of fall apart french dips and not having to lift a finger.
As I said, it is as simple as turning the slow cooker on low, adding a 3-4 pound chuck roast, one can of beef consommé and two cans of french onion soup. Let it cook for 6-8 hours and enjoy the tender sandwiches on a nice hoagie roll.
We love to serve it with potato wedges or sweet potato fries. On occasion we will toast the hoagies with some butter and a frying pan. Hope you enjoy!
- Slow Cooker
- 3-4 lb. Chuck Roast
- 2 Cans French Onion Soup
- 1 Can Beef Consommé
- 1 Pkg. Hoagie Buns
- Provolone Sliced Cheese optional
- Place roast in crockpot, frozen or thawed. Top will all three cans.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, depending on size. Done when tender.
- Shred and serve on a hoagie or sliders. Top with provolone if you choose.
- *Optional for au jus – Remove some juices from the slow cooker and simmer on stove until it thickens.