Whether you are meal prepping for the week or feeding the whole family, chicken taco bowls are a great healthy option. Your family won’t realize all the nutritious ingredients because there is so much flavor packed in to this dish with just a few simple steps!
Begin by placing your slow cooker on either high or low, depending on how long you would like your chicken tacos to cook. Then place 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of thawed boneless chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker.
Next, add half a pound or fresh or frozen corn (one can) and 16 ounces of salsa (one jar). If you would like to add beans, add one jar of your favorites right now. We aren’t big fans, so we leave them out.
Once you have the corn and salsa added, mix al your spices and garlic in a separate bowl. Then sprinkle over chicken and vegetables. Stir lightly to combine all ingredients but without disturbing the chicken.
Cover and let it cook, making sure not to open until ready. If you are cooking on low, cook for 6-8 hours and about 4 hours for high. Make sure chicken is cooked through before serving. Shred chicken and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls
- Slow Cooker
- 1 1/2 Lb. Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Lb. Frozen Corn 1 Can Corn
- 16 Oz. Salsa
- 1 Tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp. Oregano
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 6 C. Cooked Rice to serve with
- Place thawed chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top with salsa and corn.
- Mix garlic, oregano, chili powder, salt, pepper and cayenne together in a separate bowl. Sprinkle seasoning mixture over salsa and corn. Stir until all combined.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook for 6-8 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
- Shred chicken and stir together with other ingredients.
- Serve over rice. Top with cheese or fresh herbs if you would like!